Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Storj Decentralized Cloud Storage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Storj Decentralized Cloud Storage?

Earn money by sharing your hard drive space
    Just download the Storj desktop application,
    and choose how much storage to share.

Storj allows users to rent out hard drive space and earn SJCX, a cryptocurrency similar to Bitcoin. Those running Storj Share will act as decentralized cloud storage nodes for the network.
    Get detailed answers by reading the Storj Frequently Asked Questions. Read the official announcement Storj thread on BitcoinTalk.

Storj Price Charts on Poloniex, watch Storjcoin X Trades in realtime.

Follow the Coin Market Cap for Storjcoin X

Want gossip? Keep up on the thread on the Storj subReddit.

Storj - a cloud storage platform that can’t be censored or monitored, or have downtime. Storj allows users to store data in a secure and decentralized manner, proposes to be cheaper, faster, and more secure than traditional cloud storage services. This revolutionary decentralized, end-to-end encrypted cloud storage that uses blockchain technology and cryptography to secure online files.

Files are encrypted on participant users’ computers before they are uploaded. Each file is split into encrypted chunks and distributed in multiple copies across storage notes on the Storj network. Host users around the world can rent out their hard drive space - and because of client-side encryption, only the end-users have access to their unencrypted files.

Getting set up with Storj Drive Share using Raspberry Pi 3 is my next goal - though I am a beginner with Python. I'll need help from the Storj guys on Reddit

Comment

I created a collection of the top-recommended and best selling Data Storage Hardware.

Build your own Decentralized Data Storage Earning Centers.

Earn CryptoCurrencies like Burst, Storjx, Siacoin and soon Maidsafe by providing hard drive space. Watch for tutorials and how to videos!

Comment

Interesting new development in STORJ - a very good long-term move is in the works.

Storjcoin X (SJCX) is migrating to Ethereum

A this moment the prices have not reacted to this new announcement - will be interesting to see how the market reacts.

Comment

I have two computers doing storjshare -

one is in the garage, and has a lag of 260ms, it only is connected to one peer. The lag is because the garage is far enough out that I had to get a signal booster router...

the second is a new laptop in the house on the main net connection and it has a reported lag of 28ms.

The Storj drive one has been running for weeks, yet it only has 48 MB of data stored on it, while the laptop that I just set up, already has 525Mb data stored on it, and has 198 peers connected...

I'll have to move my garage computer into the house...

now that autumn approaching, the heat from that computer should be a benefit to the house... and it appears vital to have minimal lag,

Comment

Working...
          X